![]() |
| Loving God |
God, in my mind is sometimes like an invisible dictator in the sky, represented as a white old man, The Father. He is strict, stern, powerful and authoratative. He giveth and he taketh away. If he means well and is good intentioned it is lost on me because of the "fear of god" that has been pounded into believers minds. Hell is scary.Unless it is purley bacchanalian revelry in which case it might be fun! Ironically the crusaders and witch hunters and of course the conquistadores were the real demons in history. Religious wars endure. Fundamentalists, fanatics and groups with varying interpretations of the bible act out in violence. Where's the love? Isn't God Love? God has the power to create everything from nothing yet witchcraft magic is heresy ? Evidence, science and natural laws show a realisitc more plausible account of creation and origin yet these people are also crucified. What is the fear? Loss of power? Is that love? A friend, Sarah Star, told me that those peolpe misrepresented Christianity for their own political means. As we have read in "Small Account of the Destruction of the Indies; GOLD is also the culprit. Believers like Sarah have that glassy eyed, dazed, 'Christ light shining through them', look that can be spotted from aross the room. I'm not a believer but I cry in churches and when people pray for me. When I was at the foot of Mount Sinai in Egypt I was unable to climb the mountain to get to Moses site because I felt as though a force was holding me down , literally, I could not get out of bed. The same thing happened to me at Drumheller.
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/snake-symbolic-meaning.html
Carrying this dual snake imagery a step further, we could look to the language of science. Observe the formation of DNA and how it forms a perfect, serpentine double helix (shown left). This prompts us to consider how the energetic mind is connected to the grander whole, and how it so effortlessly makes graceful connections between the basic building blocks of data with the manifestations of the natural world.
The bible is one holy book among many ie: (Bhagavad Gita, Torah, Koran etc...) with similar characters, stories and symbols. Most cultures have their own stories that offer guidance and explain creation, nature, time, seasons, codes of conduct, laws of nature , dangers, consequences etc... I don't understand why Christianity is so predominant. If it's a good belief then it should not have to be forced upon people. The repetitiveness of the message and the violent history of this religion makes me sick. I do not understand how people from the countries that the conquistadors terrorized could continue believing in this religion.
God have mercy.
I do think there is a compassionate god that is an entity people can turn to for guidance, support and faith. I think the god as punisher is due to a blurring of the division between laws and religion. I also think that, like communism, the ideology alone is one thing and how it is utilized by people for their own means is another.
I do prefer to have belief than not to. Unitarian Universalism makes the most sense to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
I like wikipedia. I use to envy kids who had the Britannica Encyclopedias that we sold door to door. Wikipedia is just a digitalized social media version.
and Low and behold I just discovered http://www.britannica.com/
and the final edition with the Renaissance binding is only $3,995.00 USD
http://store.britannica.com/products/041010290


No comments:
Post a Comment