Monday, 22 October 2012

Krishna

Krishna

Shiva



I love the blue guy. Now he's more believable...
I like Krishna because I perceived him , before I read the Bhagavad Gita, as a gentle soul. Mystical. I like the mystical guys :)
My understanding was that we travel through life's journey, learning lessons and that souls are reincarnated when we die, so we get another chance. If you don't evolve and learn the lessons it will repeat. Like 'insanity' repeating the same thing that does not work. The battle setting surprised me but I read that it is an allegory for the 'battle of life' we go through. The image of Krishna is fantastical. He is everything! He was a prince and a student of Shiva with a mortal and divine self. His counsel is one to one with Arjuna.He rises above and bears witness to the action. It is what it is and what happens will happen. Just play your role with earnest and move on. Being witness, removed from the primitive action, striving for a higher level of being and understanding. It does not matter, let go, focus on the Divine-focus on Krishna. Shed the self, attachment, just be, becoming an essence of all, grounded like roots, powerful like the ocean, sturdy like the mountains. (This is also Wicca) Interconnectedness. The mystery of nature, cycles, seasons, intricacies. Rise above consumer distraction. Dig for meaning. The messages are everywhere. Singing, chanting, dancing to reach a Divine state. I'm not a Krishna because I do not want to get up so early and chant, I do not want to wear saffron robes and I do not want to sustain myself on a light vegetarian diet. However, I have been know to chant with the Krishna's wear their prayer beads, and eat their free lunches on occasion.

SHIVA
Shiva is known to have untamed passion, which leads him to extremes in behaviour. Sometimes he is an ascetic, abstaining from all wordly pleasures. At others he is a hedonist.

Another snake!
He wears a cobra necklace -three coils past, future and present
http://www.koausa.org/Gods/God9.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hinduism/deities/shiva.shtml


  • Snake around the neck: sages have used snakes to symbolize the yogic power of Lord Shiva with which He dissolves and recreates the universe. Like a yogi, a snake hoards nothing, carries nothing, builds nothing, lives on air alone for a long time, and lives in mountains and forests. The venom of a snake, therefore, symbolizes the yogic power.
  • A snake (Vasuki Naga): is shown curled three times around the neck of the Lord and is looking towards His right side. The three coils of the snake symbolize the past, present and future - time in cycles. The Lord wearing the curled snake like an ornament signifies that creation proceeds in cycles and is time dependent, but the Lord Himself transcends time. The right side of the body symbolizes the human activities based upon knowledge, reason and logic. The snake looking towards the right side of the Lord signifies that the Lord's eternal laws of reason and justice preserve natural order in the universe.


  • Krishna & Shiva







    No comments:

    Post a Comment