Thursday, 4 April 2013

Hans Brinker

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
 
 

Among the horror in the animal cruelty kingdom is the extraction of bear bile. Recently I heard a story of a mother bear killing in captivity a bile farm killing herself. also, recently I heard the recurring question; if there is a god why do bad things happen ; horrors against humanity, animals and environment. The answer was because there is no god. I think this is still open to debate, however, the rampant and persistent belief in an entity that has little proof for existence when almost everything else requires proof to be believed. Even then we will make a judgment (DANTE) of where the cruelty act falls into our moral and ethics spectrum. If we can accept the reason and justification for it ie; burns, aids cancer testing on live animals. We determine whether or  not we act against it and in  what form; diet, protest, consumer practices... (THOREAU). I wonder why the opposition is often treated like criminals and the offenders are protected by law. The protectors, stewards of animal and environmental rights are in constant battle and struggle against forces of greed.

Like the boy with is finger in the dyke.

When a victory is won if the pressure ease off then the forces of greed, destruction and cruelty flood forth. Seeping through every legal loophole
At least we have dolphin friendly and cruelty free product choices but is there truth in the labelling?
Local cruelty, UBC test on animals, the Fraser Valley is full of veal farms, restaurant serving shark fin soup etc....
Trying to grocery shop for nourishment becomes a political battle in terms of food security, GMO's, BPA's, THE BIG SUGAR, How to cope? These dilemmas distract us from wonder and magic.
Seek inner peace allowing this force to ripple outwards to varying degrees/levels of action. BRAVO to the activists! Even if its just ethical consumption do your part!






No comments:

Post a Comment