This is fascinating
There are Three French Pretenders
http://www.nobility-association.com/pretenderstothethrone.htm
The current representative of the senior line is Prince Louis Alphonse of Bourbon, Duke of Anjou, a cousin of the king of Spain, whose line was excluded from the Spanish throne due to an unequal marriage,
while the Orléanist line is represented by Prince Henri Philippe Pierre Marie d'Orléans, Count of Paris, Duke of France (comte de Paris, duc de France), born on 14 June 1933, a descendant of Louis Philippe.
In addition to these two claims to the historic royal throne of France, there has also been a pretender to the imperial throne of France created first by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1804 and recreated by his nephew Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte (20 April 1808 – 9 January 1873) was the President of the French Second Republic and as Napoleon III.
This claim today rests in the person of Charles, Prince Napoléon (Charles Marie Jérôme Victor Napoléon Bonaparte) (born 19 October 1950) is a French politician, descendant of the Jérôme-Napoléon Bonaparte,
French Prince, King of Westphalia, 1st Prince of Montfort (15 November 1784 – 24 June 1860) was the youngest brother of Napoleon who made him king of Westphalia (1807–1813).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretender
A pretender is one who claims entitlement to an unavailable position of honour or rank. Most often it refers to a former monarch, or descendant thereof, whose throne is occupied or claimed by a rival, or has been abolished.[1][2]
Although "claimant" is sometimes preferred, the term in itself is not pejorative. The original meaning of the English word pretend, from the French word prétendre (from the Latin praetendo lit. "to stretch out before"[3]) means "to put forward, to profess or claim"; this predates today's more common English meaning of "pretend", which is to claim falsely.
http://listverse.com/2007/09/27/top-10-pretenders-to-the-thrones-of-europe/
http://www.nobility-association.com/pretenderstothethrone.htm
Click to Listen
"The Great Pretender", Queen
Oh yes I�m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Pretending I�m doing well (ooh ooh)
My need is such I pretend too much
I�m lonely but no one can tell
Oh yes I�m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Adrift in a world of my own (ooh ooh)
I play the game but to my real shame
You�ve left me to dream all alone
Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel what my heart can�t conceal
Ooh ooh yes I�m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I�m not (you see)
I�m wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you�re still around
Yeah ooh hoo
Too real when I feel what my heart can�t conceal
Oh yes I�m the great pretender
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I�m not you see
I�m wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you�re
Pretending that you�re still around
No comments:
Post a Comment